PB&J Painting

Here is an older painting done in oils on canvas board.  It’s 4×6, and was done last year in 2015.  It’s been staring at me as a constant reminder of my tug of war with painting.  Most days I consider myself a horrible painter, and then when I finally paint, I’m reminded that I’m not really all that bad.  Enjoy this little treasure that I look at everyday.

pb&j

A Chicken and a Duck

FINALLY had a free night, to myself, no kids running through, no dog, no husband.  So what did I do?  Caught up on something I’ve been dreading, starting a Christmas gift (which was admittedly, my own idea).  I had decided last year that I was going to make a triptych of two chickens and a duck for my step-mom (she has chickens and ducks).  Small paintings, I told myself.  Mind you, I have never been a confident painter.  I am the type of artist that seeks immediate satisfaction or at times, I give up.  This is probably due to the fact that I am a mother, and my “spare” time is slim.  That said, it has to be right the first time, because who knows when I’ll get a second time.

So, I got to it, and I have to say, I’m sort of proud.  I only got two of the three done, but I love them.  So here is Duck and Mad Chicken, in acrylic, on masonite panel (about 4.5×4.5 square).  Enjoy!

Cow with Corn Painting

Earlier I posted the drawing for this painting, and now, here is the painting! This was done as a custom order and a trade with a friend. She wanted the colors of the sky, fence, and grass to be those of a painting from a Paint and Sip type of class project that she couldn’t attend. She added the corn and the cow. This is 11×14 in acrylics.amy's finished cow

Work in Progress- Abstract Tangle

This is a work in progress (WIP) inspired by another zentangle artist. It’s nearly done I think, there’s that one white patch left open at the top. To create the black outlined separations, I put black “globs” over watered down black paint onto the Bristol board, then blew through a straw to direct the paint. I used watercolor pencils and Micron ink pens to add color and pattern.

Red Johnny

This is an original artwork inspired by the Zentangle Method that can be found on the site below. This particular drawing was done as part of I Am the Diva’s #153rd challenge to use the tangle “Jailed Johnny”. I used watercolor pencils and a paintbrush to add the background, then used both Micron and Sharpie non-bleed ink pens to add the detail. To add shading I used a FaberCastell watercolor marker in grey.

Visit I am the Diva’s blog here to see more http://www.iamthedivaczt.blogspot.com
To find out more about the Zentangle Method by Rich and Maria Thomas go to http://www.zentangle.com